Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Law Professor and a Policeman Tell You Why You Should Never Speak to a Policeman Without Your Lawyer Present

I'm not sure what the law is in New Zealand if we have any sort of rights to remain silent but these are two videos that are definitly worth watching.

http://www.garynorth.com/public/3821.cfm

July 30, 2008

These presentations took place at Regent University's Law School. They are like nothing I have ever seen. If you do not watch both of these videos, you risk walking into a trap that could ruin your life.
I did not know any of this until I saw them. Someone should have told me. Someone should have told you.
Anything you say can be held against you in a court of law. Nothing you say will exonerate you in a court of law: "I object your honor. This is hearsay." "Objection sustained."
Don't tell your story. Get your lawyer.
When the policeman reads you the Miranda warning, honor it. Do not give a waiver. No matter what the police officer tells you, do not surrender your rights. "Do you want to talk to give me your side of the story?" You do not.

No comments: